Rental assistance

TURN no longer provides emergency rental assistance to the general public. However, there are programs which continue to do so. They can be reached by visiting the


Office of Supportive Housing (215-685-9087) at

5252 North 13th Street.

Philadelphia PA

The Federal Emergency Mortgage Assistance Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) provides low-income Philadelphia residents with rent for one month’s back rent or the first month’s rent for a new residence, and cash assistance for the highest utility bill in any month. Applicants must not have income which exceeds the current Federal Poverty Guidelines THIS PROGRAM RUNS OUT OF FUNDS OFTEN SO PLEASE CALL FIRST.


The Emergency Shelter Assistance Program provides emergency housing assistance to very low-income Philadelphia residents. The assistance includes help with back rent and security deposits.


OTHER AGENCIES which may be able to help with rental assistance include:

  • Commonwealth of Pennsylvania at 215-560-1976.
  • Congreso de Latinos Unidos (215-763-8870)
  • Korean Community Development Services Center (215- 276-8830)
  • Diversified Community Services/Dixon House (215-336-3511)
  • United Communities (215- 467-8700)
  • Catholic Social Services (215- 587-3900)




Tenant Rights TURN provides free workshops and individual counseling.

Organizing Organizers meet with tenants to help form a tenant union at buildings.

Rental Assistance TURN no longer provides help with back rent and security deposits to low-income tenants. But you can get help.